All of us know the fact that “drinking water is good for health”, however apart from this fact, water has many other hidden benefits as well. For those who wish to lose some weight , water will help them achieve it easily as water does wonders to your health and immune system. Let’s explore some more benefits of this transparent liquid.
Weight loss benefits of drinking water
If you are looking for the easiest way to lose weight, then you must drink adequate water. Water helps in weight loss due to various reasons which are stated below:
- If you exercise regularly, then you must also know that water is required in the fat burning process of your body. If you do not have adequate water in your system, then the fat burning process will slow down. So when you involve yourself in regular work outs, do not forget you drink adequate water.
- Toxins are produced when you burn calories during workouts. So, to wash out those toxins you need to drink enough water.
- When you are dehydrated, it leads to a decrease in your blood volume. This leads to a supply of less oxygen in your muscles, thus resulting in getting tired and exhausted.
- People who cannot help over eating, they must drink a glass of water before eating to subside the urge of over eating. Please note that just drinking water to lose weight will make you full, thus not allowing you to over eat. Along with drinking water. one must also have enough supply of vitamins and proteins to get strength and stamina.
- Weight loss requires a diet rich in fiber, but if you do not take adequate water, the fiber will not be washed out of your body. This will lead to constipation.
- While exercising, muscle contraction and expansion happens and to facilitate this, joint lubrication is necessary. When your body is well hydrated, water will help in proper muscle contraction and joint lubrication.
Various factors that influence consumption of water
- Your body’s requirement for water will depend upon various factors like climatic condition, your activity level, humidity, etc. Irrespective of any climatic conditions, you must drink at least 3 liters of water in a day. If you are living in a humid climate, then consume more than 3 liters of water, as a lot of water goes out of your body in the form of sweat.
- Tea, coffee, alcohol and other carbonated drinks dehydrate the body. So people who have more inclination towards these things must increase the intake of water.
- For those who are looking for fastest way to lose weight, it is suggested to start their day with a glass of water. It will replenish your system and you can work out better without getting tired soon.
- Amount of water consumption depends upon the weight and height of a person. A person weighing 200 pounds must consume 12.5 cups of water. You can now calculate the amount of water that you need to drink, depending upon your weight and height.
Drinking water boosts up your metabolic rate. It not only contributes in effective weight loss but is also good for muscles, skin and the overall system of your body.